Featured Post

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

The problems of today, can be corrected by enjoyably educating our leaders of tomorrow!!

Every day we hear about climate change, over filled landfills, deforestation, and hundreds of other issues.  If you read the news, the people are divided, and the we seem to be losing our battle to protect our planet.  

The majority of our leaders, and voters, already have made up their minds.  The greed for money and power will always win, unless we can educate our children, to love and cherish their world, today.  It may be too late for my generation, but my children show promise.  

The problems of today, can be corrected by enjoyably educating our leaders of tomorrow.

We can teach them to love life, by loving Nature, and the world around them.  If we make the message fun and unforgettable today, we will undoubtedly see the marvelous results tomorrow.  

All four of my children have a love for Nature, and it has come from our tradition of setting up camp for one to two weeks a year, in one or two of our National Parks.  

If you were to ask them; "What is your favorite thing to do?"  

They would reply; "Go camping or go to Disneyland." 

My dream is to create a hybrid.  Not by building a theme park inside a National Park, but to open the mind of a young child enough for them to enjoy Nature, just as my children do.  

I want children who have never been camping, to read this book, and start begging their parents to take them.  And if camping it is out of their budget, then hopefully I have created the proper setting for them to feel as if they have already been.

Hopefully soon I will have a team of writers to help me on this project.  I see the possibilities, and I fear that I alone will not perfectly accomplish this much needed task.