Featured Post

Saturday, August 6, 2016

Jr. Ranger Book Series Planning Phase 6

May 25, 2016

With the two legal battles, still consuming my days (non-book related and non-criminal), I was struggling to manage anything productive.  I did manage to work Paul Bunyan into the first Jr. Ranger story in Yosemite.  His hiding place is near an old favorite backpacking place of mine.  

I had a great time remembering, all of those experiences, a few miles beyond the Little Yosemite Valley, sliding down a natural waterslide created by the Merced river, draining from the freezing glaciers above.  Spending many nights, keeping watch over our backpacks and food, so the bears would not get to them.  

A few miles back, made the perfect place for Paul Bunyan to reside, undiscovered.  I can’t wait for you to read this book.  It is 99% finished today, and I will post it sometime tomorrow or Monday, depending on how fast I can finish this breakdown of the writing and creative process.  

Today I was watching my little ten-year-old girl, one of a few Little Miss Payson 2016 girls, who were in the Santaquin Harvest days’ parade.  It was cute.  My fifteen-year-old son was also playing the trumpet for the Payson High School Band.  That was great too.  

I have used all four of my children in the art, and in the personalities, of Lucas and Lucy Fern, so it will be fun to add some of these adventures to future books.


Well, as I said, I was able to place Paul Bunyan in the Yosemite Jr. Ranger book.  I also was able to add his shadow, in sort of a fun "Hidden Mickey" way, on the cover, as well as finally fix the title of the book.  I sent in for the Copyright May 25 as dated above, when these changes took place.  Also the smaller head for Lucas, with blue eyes.  Now Lucy and Lucas have a mixture of all four of my kids, , and they blue eyes are from me.  

See Paul Bunyan?






Copyright © 2016 Derek Ryan Jensen.  All rights reserved.
No part of this work may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or by an information storage and retrieval system - except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review to be printed in a magazine or newspaper - without permission in writing from the publisher
Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

All rights reserved.