Featured Post

Saturday, August 6, 2016

Jr. Ranger Book Series Planning Phase 3

April 13, 2016

I stopped looking for an Agent to represent The Tiny Life of Lucas Fern book #1, due to the fact that almost every company I spoke to, told me that I would not have a chance in today's market, as the unknown author. The nobody!!

Oh well. Life is not easy, running an eBay business, playing Mr. Mom, helping at Church, helping with homework, Legal Battles on two fronts (Non Book related), family member dental issues with no insurance and a very tight budget.  You get the picture. 

At this point, school was almost out and my oldest daughter was celebrating her birthday.  This was when I was sent the color version of the book cover.  It was not very good, and Half Dome was non existent.  I was still not sure if I was going to make the Jr. Ranger Series a Fiction Series, or a true story about my own children as they became Jr. Rangers over the years.

My friend from Serbia emailed me the draft, after I sent him several other revisions.  The colors were perfect, and so were Lucas and Lucy (the two kids in the cover) only the mountains were not the way I needed them.  As you can see below.  

The trees were not even close to the trees in Yosemite Valley, and I was already doubting the title of the book.  I really wanted to keep The Tiny Life of Lucas Fern as a separate Series, showing his journey from a 4 inch baby, to a giant, not even close to Paul Bunyan.

I sent my friend the agreed upon payment, for his services at this point, then started working on fixing the book cover myself, leaving him to finish other project he had waiting.  
Along with setting up the Chapters and creating the outline for the series, traveling all the way to National Parks in Ireland and Japan, I did not sleep until I completed the vision I had in my head, of what I wanted this first book in such an important series,  to look like.







Copyright © 2016 Derek Ryan Jensen.  All rights reserved.
No part of this work may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or by an information storage and retrieval system - except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review to be printed in a magazine or newspaper - without permission in writing from the publisher
Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.
All rights reserved.